Meet Daniela Gerard, M.D., Ph.D.
Believe it or not, Dr. Daniela Gerard’s journey into Functional Medicine began in the unlikely field of electrical engineering. After leaving her native country of Romania for the U.S., she dedicated her time to earning her Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Over the course of her studies, she found that her true passion was in natural sciences where she found the tools to help & heal others.
She previously worked as an emergency medicine physician before opening up her own practice, Wyoming Medical Wellness Center, pursuing her true passion of Functional Medicine & Aesthetics.
Dr. Gerard does not believe in the “one size fits all” approach, she assesses each patient individually and thoroughly. She practices with a genuine responsibility to each patient, and takes the time to intently listen and understand each patient’s needs. Dr. Gerard loves connecting with patients on a personal level and learning each of her patients life stories. Her love and understanding of the complicated biological systems of the human body reinforces her love for Functional Medicine.
Along with her passion for Functional Medicine, Dr. Gerard also practices aesthetics and has a deep rooted passion for aesthetics, in a goal to make her patients feel and look their very best. Improving health and wellness inside out with Functional medicine, and outside in with aesthetics.
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Electrical engineering – SUNY at Stony Brook 1990, cum laude.; minor in biology.
- Med school / MSTP (Medical Scientist Training Program = MD / PhD program) – SUNY at Stony Brook School of Medicine, grad. 1998.
- Internal Medicine internship – University of Rochester, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY.
- Emergency Medicine Residency – West Penn Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA.
- AHA Mission: Lifeline Wyoming – State Co-Chair
- ACEP WY Chapter Board of Directors